Driver for KWorld UB435Q Version 3 (ATSC) USB id: 1b80:e34c

Last May I started writing a driver for a KWorld UB435Q Version 3
tuner.  I was able to make the kernel recognize the device, light it's
LED, and try to enable the decoder and tuner.

I was unable to locate any information for the tda18272 tuner chip until
last week.  I received an email at another address with a pointer to a
GPL driver that used a tda18272 in a pcie based tuner.  It appears that
a bit of refactoring has been done to v4l2 since it was written.  I want
to try to incorporate it into the kernel tree properly while making the
KWorld UB435Q Version 3 usable under linux.

Would the tda18271 be a good model?

The tda18271 organized with part in tuners and part in dvb-frontends.
What is the dvb-frontends stuff used for?

The tda18271 files in kernel are:

./media/tuners/tda18271-maps.c
./media/tuners/tda18271-fe.c
./media/tuners/tda18271.h
./media/tuners/tda18271-priv.h
./media/tuners/tda18271-common.c
./media/dvb-frontends/tda18271c2dd.c
./media/dvb-frontends/tda18271c2dd.h
./media/dvb-frontends/tda18271c2dd_maps.h

The tda18272 files I located are:

./media/dvb/frontends/tda18272_reg.h
./media/dvb/frontends/tda18272.h
./media/dvb/frontends/tda18272.c

The tuner is only used in digital mode with KWorld UB435Q Version 3.
The tda18272 supports both digital and analog.  Should I include the
analog support in the tda18272 files without testing it?