Re: qv4l2 and media controller support

Hi Laurent,

First, regarding the inheritance of subdev controls: I found it annoying as
well that there is no way to do this. If you have a simple video pipeline,
then having to create subdev nodes just to set a few controls is unnecessary
complex. I've been thinking of adding a flag to the control handler that, when
set, will 'import' the private controls. The bridge driver is the one that sets
this as that is the only one that knows whether or not it is in fact a simple
pipeline.

Secondly, I'd love to add MC support to qv4l2. But I'm waiting for you to merge
the MC library into v4l-utils.git. It's basically the reason why I haven't looked
at this at all.

Regards,

	Hans