Re: Problem getting sensible video out of Hauppauge HVR-1100 composite

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Neil Bird <gnome@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   But, flip me, it's spewing 800 MB+ for a minute's worth of video. That'd
> be ~48GB for an hour's TV (the intention is to use this for a MythTV PVR).
>
>   Am I likely to be able to do anything about that?  Even with
> post-transcoding that's going to be an excessive amount of filing to deal
> with :-(

The device doesn't have an MPEG encoder - you're getting raw
uncompressed video.  You would either have to buy a different device
that has an encoder or do software encoding in real-time to MPEG2 or
H.264 if your goal is to store the video.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com