Re: Kworld 330u broken

On 10.01.2014 05:08, Chris Lee wrote:
Im not sure exactly when it broke but alot of changes have happened in
em28xx lately and they've broken my Kworld 330u. The issue is that

ctl->demod = XC3028_FE_CHINA;
ctl->fname = XC2028_DEFAULT_FIRMWARE;
cfg.ctrl  = &ctl;

are no longer being set, this causes xc2028_attach

if (cfg->ctrl)
xc2028_set_config(fe, cfg->ctrl);

to never get called. Therefore never load the firmware. Ive attached
my logs to show you what I mean.

I quickly hacked up a patch, my tree is quite different from V4L's now
so the line numbers may not lineup anymore, and Im sure you guys wont
like it anyhow lol

Chris Lee

Hi Chris,

thank you for testing and the patch !
The suggested changes in em28xx_attach_xc3028() look good, but instead of introducing a second copy of em28xx_setup_xc3028() in em28xx-dvb,
we should just move this function from the v4l extension back to the core.

Mauro, I can create a patch, but I assume there is already enough pending em28xx stuff that requires rebasing, so I assume it's easier for you to do it yourself.
Let me know if I can assist you.

Regards,
Frank