Re: em28xx DEADLOCK reported by lock debug

Am 22.12.2013 19:14, schrieb Antti Palosaari:
> On 22.12.2013 20:02, Frank Schäfer wrote:

>>> OK, as you request me to fix it, I will fix that by making DVB USB v2
>>> driver for these em28xx devices I have added.
>>>
>>> It should not be very much work as em28xx protocol is still relatively
>>> easy.
>> How would that help to get those lockdep false warnings fixed ?
>> Btw: these warnings should appear for _all_ em28xx extensions (dvb,
>> input, audio).
>
> I am already looking to silence that v4l2 lockdep report. It is hard
> to say how much it is work as I simply don't know even reasons.
>
> I suspect that if I start learning and fixing em28xx driver it will
> take week or two as a workload. Writing new dvb-usb driver is only max
> 2 days of work and as a bonus you will get some missing features for
> free:
> 1) power-management
> 2) suspend/resume
> 3) PID filters
Sure, but we already have a driver for these devices.
I agree with you that em28xx is a big mess, but at least in this case it
doesn't do anything wrong.
Does this false warning really make you so nervous that you're willing
to spent 2 days for it ?
I appreciate that, but I suggest to spend these 2 days for fixing the
issue instead of just avoiding it.

Regards,
Frank