Re: IPTV Newbie Question/Which Satellite Receiver to Use!

Hello Oliver,
Thanks for your reply.
I could not find the PCIe cards you mentioned (L4M-Flex CI or L4M-Flex-Twin C) on the supported PCIe cards on:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-C_PCIe_Cards#Supported_DVB-C_PCIe_Cards:

Perhaps it's better to go for a USB device as there are more options to choose from
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-C_USB_Devices

But still it's not easy to pick the best one that suits a beginner needs.

Best regards,
Firas

On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:29 PM, Oliver Schinagl <oliver+list@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 25-11-13 19:03, Golden Shadow wrote:
> Hello there!
> I am new to IPTV and Video4Linux. I need to implement an IPTV solution that would stream DVB satellite channels in a network. What is the satellite receiver do you recommend me to use on my Linux Centos 6.4 server? The satellite receiver should support encrypted channels. Is it better to use a USB or PCIe receiver? Another question, I'm thinking of using VLC for streaming, do you recommend a better streaming software for my case?
> Thanks a lot,
> Firas
I'm personally very satisfied with linux4media.de devices. If your
product of choice isn't there, look at digitaldevices.de, same company,
different frontend. But do buy via linux4media as that counts as a linux
sale ;)

I personally have the L4M F4mini module (with mini -> pcie adapter
allowing me potential future options) with currently an L4M-Flex S2. I
only have 1 for now, but plan to upgrade to 4 laters, giving me 8 tuners
in single PCI-e slot. Since you say you need crypto, you could use the
L4M-Flex CI or L4M-Flex-Twin CI module to do that.

Oliver