Re: [media-workshop] [ANN] Final agenda for the V4L/DVB mini-summit

Hi Hans,

Em Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:47:02 +0000
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Here is the final schedule. I moved a few topics around at the request of
> Laurent and to make it a better fit for the break times.
>
> Please note that the LED topic has moved to a slightly later timeslot.
>

> We plan to start at 9:00 and we have the Glamis room until 18:00.
>
> The schedule is as follows:
>
> 9:00 Welcome/Introduction
>
> 9:10 Mauro Carvalho Chehab
>
> - Better integration between DVB and V4L2, including starting using the media
>   controller API on DVB side too.

Michael requested to have this presentation on a latter time, in order for
him to also participate on it.

Also, as this is media controller related, I think it makes sense to have
Laurent participating on those discussions.

>   30 min
>
> 9:40 Kieran Kunhya
>
> - (3G/HD-)SDI multiplexed raw format
>
>   This is a professional interface used in broadcasting and CCTV.
>   The most serious issue is that many vendors provide Linux drivers with
>   V4L2 and ALSA - which is not acceptable for maintaining lipsync, let
>   alone maintaining the exact relationship between audio samples and
>   video that SDI provides.
>
>   Some other issues are mentioned here: https://wiki.videolan.org/SDI_API/
>   The wiki page has a very loose proposal for an API, though perhaps the
>   per-line idea is ambitious at this stage. Field or frame capture is
>   more realistic.
>
> 10:00 Break
>
> 10:30 Ricardo Ribalda Delgado, Sylwester Nawrocki
>
> - Support for multiple rectangle cropping
>   See thread: http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg67824.html
>
> 10:50 Sylwester Nawrocki
>
> - LED flash support
>
> 11:10 Hans Verkuil
>
> - Colorspace: limited/full range
> Draft presentation for all these topics: http://hverkuil.home.xs4all.nl/presentations/summit2013.odp
>
> 11:20 Hans Verkuil
>
> - VIDIOC_TRY_FMT shouldn't return -EINVAL when an unsupported pixelformat is provided,
>   but in practice video capture board tend to do that, while webcam drivers tend to map
>   it silently to a valid pixelformat. Some applications rely on the -EINVAL error code.
>
>   We need to decide how to adjust the spec. I propose to just say that some drivers
>   will map it silently and others will return -EINVAL and that you don't know what a
>   driver will do. Also specify that an unsupported pixelformat is the only reason why
>   TRY_FMT might return -EINVAL.
>
>   Alternatively we might want to specify explicitly that EINVAL should be returned for
>   video capture devices (i.e. devices supporting S_STD or S_DV_TIMINGS) and 0 for all
>   others.
>
> 11:40 Hans Verkuil
>
> - Decide on how v4l2 support libraries should be organized. There is code for
>   handling raw-to-sliced VBI decoding, ALSA looping, finding associated
>   video/alsa nodes and for TV frequency tables. We should decide how that should
>   be organized into libraries and how they should be documented. The first two
>   aren't libraries at the moment, but I think they should be. The last two are
>   libraries but they aren't installed. Some work is also being done on an improved
>   version of the 'associating nodes' library that uses the MC if available.
>
> 12:00 Lunch
>
> 13:00 Hans Verkuil
>
> - Define the interaction between selection API, ENUM_FRAMESIZES and S_FMT. See
>   this thread for all the nasty details:
>
>   http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg65137.html
>
>   Also see my draft presentation (link above) for more info and proposals.

I have a speech at LinuxCon Europe between 12:05 and 12:55. I should be
on lunch after that. So, I'll likely miss this one.

> 14:00 Laurent Pinchart
>
> - Status update regarding the media controller API usage on ALSA (Mauro likes to
>   know) and sharing i2c transmitters between V4L2 and DRM (Hans V. likes to know).
>
> 14:10 Sakari Ailus
>
> - Multi-format frames and metadata. Support would be needed on video nodes
>   and V4L2 subdev nodes. I'll prepare the RFC for the former; the latter has
>   an RFC here: http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg67295.html
>
> 15:00 Break
>
> 15:30 Hugues Fruchet
>
> - How to handle codecs where part of the processing is done in HW and part in SW?
>
> 17:30 End
>

> Note: these times are tentative. Some topics will take less time, some will take
> more time.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Hans

Regards,