Re: [media-workshop] V2: Agenda for the Edinburgh mini-summit

On Tue 24 September 2013 12:59:44 Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Tuesday 10 September 2013 11:34:32 Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > I have collected all the ideas up to now in a V2 of the agenda.
> >
> > The items are grouped by the person(s) that suggested them. As done in the
> > past those who suggested a topic and who will attend the mini-summit are
> > expected to prepare for it, perhaps making a (very) small presentation if
> > necessary.
>
> [snip]
>
> > As it stands I don't think it will be possible to handle it all in one day.
> > In particular the codec problem as mentioned by Oliver et al needs a lot of
> > time. Should we set aside a separate day for just this? October 21 or 22
> > would work for me. I would really like to get some feedback on this. If we
> > decide to go for a second day for this topic, then I can see if I can get
> > a room. It looks like there is a lot of interest in getting this sorted,
> > so brainstorming for a day might be quite useful.
>
> I believe a second day would indeed be very useful. As the ARM kernel summit
> will take place on the 22nd and 23rd, I would vote for brainstorming on the
> 21st.

I'm working on the agenda and I think we have enough time to go through
all the items in one day. It would be great if you can be present for either
the morning or afternoon for the mini-summit. I have about 4 hours worth of
topics for which your input would be much appreciated.

I would be happy to add another brainstorming day, but since Hugues won't be
available on the 21st we can only do limited codec discussions, so we would
need other topics as well. Proposals are welcome.

Regards,

	Hans