Re: DM365 VPFE Staging Driver

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for showing interest in using this driver.

Hopefully I'll get this driver out from staging directory to its actual place.

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Neff, Bryan
<Bryan.Neff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Prabhakar,

[Snip]

>> If you have a few spare minutes, could you explain what I need to do?
>> I've followed the TODO doc and copied the .h files to their respective
>> locations, but I'm unsure about how to modify the Kbuild:
>>
>> 30 - copy vpfe.h from drivers/staging/media/davinci_vpfe/ to
>> 31   include/media/davinci/ folder for building the uImage.
>> 32 - copy davinci_vpfe_user.h from drivers/staging/media/davinci_vpfe/ to
>> 33   include/uapi/linux/davinci_vpfe.h, and add a entry in Kbuild
>> (required
>> 34   for building application).
>> 35 - copy dm365_ipipeif_user.h from drivers/staging/media/davinci_vpfe/ to
>> 36   include/uapi/linux/dm365_ipipeif.h and a entry in Kbuild (required
>> 37   for building application).
>>

>> After I add this, do I need to create a device node or anything else to
>> get this to work?

The current vanilla kernel contains only the driver and _no_ platform changes
required for DM365. The patch [1] adds the platform changes required for the
driver to work , The platform changes patch adds support for tvp514x/tvp7002
and mt9p031 sensor, the patch[2] you can look at the Kbuild changes required.

Let me know if you still need any information.

[1] http://git.linuxtv.org/mhadli/v4l-dvb-davinci_devices.git/commitdiff/1fff194a826e97f9562f0a633945220917d24eec
[2] http://git.linuxtv.org/mhadli/v4l-dvb-davinci_devices.git/commitdiff/06c2d1e1fa7acdbc5b887d896a287bb02e584913

Regards,
--Prabhakar Lad