Re: davinci vpif_capture

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Darryl <ddegraff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 08/31/2013 06:15 AM, Prabhakar Lad wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Darryl <ddegraff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am working on an application involving the davinci using the vpif.  My
>>> board file has the inputs configured to use VPIF_IF_RAW_BAYER if_type.
>>> When my application starts up, I have it enumerate the formats
>>> (VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT) and it indicates that the only available format is
>>> "YCbCr4:2:2 YC Planar" (from vpif_enum_fmt_vid_cap).  It looks to me that
>>> the culprit is vpif_open().
>>>
>>> struct channel_obj.vpifparams.iface is initialized at vpif_probe() time
>>> in
>>> the function vpif_set_input.  Open the device file (/dev/video0)
>>> overwrites
>>> this.  I suspect that it is __not__ supposed to do this, since I don't
>>> see
>>> any method for restoring the iface.
>>>
>> NAK, Ideally the application should go in the following manner,
>> you open the device say example /dev/video0 , then you issue
>> a VIDIOC_ENUMINPUT IOCTL,  this will enumerate the inputs
>> then you do  VIDIOC_S_INPUT this will select the input device
>> so when this IOCTL is called vpif_s_input() is called in vpif_capture
>> driver this function will internally call the vpif_set_input() which
>> will set the iface for you on line 1327.
>

> Is there a document or documents where I can find this "following manner"?
> I've read through a lot of v4l docs, but none seem to suggest an ordered
> sequence of ioctl calls.

Yes thats the way its done! I dont have any docs but you can refer some test
application yavta[1] so that you are clear and you can also go through
the link [2].

[1] http://git.ideasonboard.org/yavta.git/shortlog/refs/heads/master
[2] http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/legacy/video4linux/API/V4L2_API/spec-single/v4l2.html

Regards,