Re: Hauppauge HVR-900 HD and HVR 930C-HD with si2165

On 08/20/13 10:26, nibble.max wrote:
Hello Hans,

I am the original author of sit2 source code based on the reference code from silabs.
And we have signed NDA with silabs, it does not allow us to release the source code to the public.
I donot know it is permited or not when you do decompiling the binary code.

Thank you Max for clearing this up a bit,

I can tell you that the decompiled driver works like expected with the product I bought and lets me use this product under FreeBSD like I was expecting after reading the Linux-commercial's from the Vendor.

Maybe an idea for the future. Abstract binaries a bit more so that they are independent of the Linux header files and other kernel functions. Then I wouldn't have to do the decompile.

The other DVB-T adapter I had before outputted somtimes corrupted or too long USB packets on the isochronous endpoint when the bitrate was going too high. I do no longer see this problem with the adapter supported by Max's driver. And I am satisfied. Regarding you and "Konstantin Dimitrov" I don't want to have any opinion about what product is best.

--HPS