DVR card SAA7134/SAA7135HL unknown

hi all :)
trying to get this 8 channel dvr card to work in linux, but I get this:

Board is currently unknown. You might try to use the card=<nr>
saa7134: insmod option to specify which board do you have, but this is
saa7134: somewhat risky, as might damage your card. It is better to ask
saa7134: for support at linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

so here I am. I have not tried to set the card myself as I don't know what number to use. Was hoping I could get some help here to get it working. Some info I collected so far can be found here http://pastebin.ca/2430477 any ideas what I might try next or what card to specify?
thank you in advance for any help.
jody