Re: [omapdss] fault in dispc_write_irqenable [was: Re: [omap3isp] xclk deadlock]

Hi Jakub,

On Friday 26 July 2013 17:37:36 Jakub Piotr Cłapa wrote:
> Dear Tomi,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> On 26.07.13 09:50, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
> > Sounds like something is enabling/disabling dispc interrupts after the
> > clocks have already been turned off.
> >
> > So what's the context here? What kernel?
>
> This was on 3.10 from Laurent's board/beagle/mt9p031 branch. I am in the
> middle of doing some "bisecting" to figure out some unrelated problems
> with omap3isp so in a couple days I may have more data about which
> versions work and which do not.
>
> > Using omapfb, or...? I hope not
> > omap_vout, because that's rather unmaintained =).
>
> Laurent's live application is using the V4L2 API for video output (to
> get free YUV conversion and DMA) so I guess this unfortunatelly counts
> as using omap_vout. Are there any alternatives I should look into? IIUC
> to use omapfb I would need to manually copy RGB data into the
> framebuffer on each frame.

It should be possible to port the live application to use DRM/KMS with omapdrm
for the display side, without requiring any memory copy. That's somewhere on
my TODO list, but I won't have time to work on that before way too long.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart