Re: Few Doubts on adding DT nodes for bridge driver

Hi Guennadi,

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Guennadi Liakhovetski
<g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jul 2013, Sylwester Nawrocki wrote:

[snip]
>> >                             remote =<&tvp514x_2>;
>
> BTW, just occurred to me: shouldn't also these rather be
> "remote-endpoint?" The documentation example should then be fixed too.

Ah correct I was referring the same and added in the 'remote' in device node.
Shall I go ahead and post a patch fixing it ?

>> >                     };
>> >             };
>> >     };
>>
>> Are tvp514x@5c and tvp514x@5d decoders really connected to same bus, or are
>> they on separate busses ? If the latter then you should have 2 'port' nodes.
>> And in such case don't you need to identify to which
>>
>> > I have added two endpoints for the bridge driver. In the bridge driver
>> > to build the pdata from DT node,I do the following,
>> >
>> > np = v4l2_of_get_next_endpoint(pdev->dev.of_node, NULL);
>> >
>> > The above will give the first endpoint ie, endpoint@1
>> >  From here is it possible to get the tvp514x_1 endpoint node and the
>> > parent of it?
>>
>> Isn't v4l2_of_get_remote_port_parent() what you need ?
>
> Right, forgot we've got a helper for that already.

Yes this works for me now thank :)

Regards,
--Prabhakar Lad