Re: Possible problem with stk1160 driver

Hi Hans,

Thanks for jumping in.

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 08:31:13AM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> On 07/18/2013 02:17 AM, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
> >
> > Ah... forgot to mention about that. I haven't included the fix for standard
> > setting, because either the stk1160 chip or the userspace application didn't
> > seem to behave properly: I got wrongly coloured frames when trying to
> > change the standard while streaming.
>
> You generally can't switch standards while streaming. That said, it is OK
> to accept the same standard, i.e. return 0 if the standard is unchanged and
> EBUSY otherwise.

Ok, I'll add a check for unchanged standards to overcome this situation.

> In the end it is an application bug, though. It shouldn't try to change the
> standard while streaming has started.

Ok, so that confirms we should not allow it.

Sergey: Hopefully, with these two patches you won't need any further
patching on your side.

--
Ezequiel García, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android Engineering