MT9D131 context switching [was RE: width and height of JPEG compressed images]

Hi Sylwester,

On 10 July 2013 20:44 Sylwester Nawrocki wrote:
>On 07/07/2013 10:18 AM, Thomas Vajzovic wrote:

> As a side note, looking at the MT9D131 sensor datasheet I can see it
> has preview (Mode A) and capture (Mode B) modes. Are you also
> planning adding proper support for switching between those modes ?
> I'm interested in supporting this in standard way in V4L2, as lot's
> of sensors I have been working with also support such modes.

This camera has more like three modes:

preview (context A) up to 800x600, up to 30fps, YUV/RGB

capture video (context B) up to 1600x1200, up to 15fps, YUV/RGB/JPEG

capture stills (context B) up to 1600x1200,
sequence of 1 or more frames with no fixed timing, YUV/RGB/JPEG

I have implemented switching between the first two of these, but the
choice is forced by the framerate, resolution and format that the user
requests, so I have not exposed any interface to change the context,
the driver just chooses the one that can do what the user wants.

As for the third mode, I do not currently plan to implement it, but
if I was going to then I think the only API that would be required
is V4L2_MODE_HIGHQUALITY in v4l2_captureparm.capturemode.

Regards,
Tom
Disclaimer: This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the original message and the sent message from your computer. Infrared Integrated Systems Limited Park Circle Tithe Barn Way Swan Valley Northampton NN4 9BG Registration Number: 3186364.