Re: rtl28xxu IR remote

On 06/10/2013 06:09 PM, marco caminati wrote:

Hi, I just compiled and tested Antti Palosaari branch and can confirm the remote works for my RTL2832U.
I have updated the wiki[1] entry with the steps necessary to configure the remote control.
Please confirm if these fixes your problem.

Thanks, but I can't confirm if this fixes my problem, because the modules I obtain building Antti's branch are not compatible with my existing kernel, so I can't test them (modprobe --force fails, and using a brand new kernel would be too much work on Tinycore at the moment).
On the other hand, I tried the sources fromgit://linuxtv.org/media_build.git, first with manual patches and then (when the latter got accepted) without them. But the ir remote does not work.

I think Antti's repo and patching linuxtv repo should lead to the same results, right?

I think the most easiest way could be compile & install whole Kernel from my tree. It is 3.10-rc4 + some fixes.

media_build.git has also option to fetch developer git tree from linuxtv.org. Something like ./build --git git://linuxtv.org/anttip/media_tree.git rtl28xxu . That approach seem to be not documented on wiki:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_Obtain,_Build_and_Install_V4L-DVB_Device_Drivers

regards
Antti

--