Re: Diversity support?

Al 04/06/13 13:23, En/na Patrick Boettcher ha escrit:

>>> Nobody knows?
>>
>> I'm not easily discouraged :-) so here's the question again: is there
>> some dvb-t usb stick (possibly available on the EU market) with
>> diversity support under Linux?
>
> There is some diversity support hidden in the dib8000-driver and in some
> board-drivers which use it. Basically it creates several instances of the
> dib8000-driver (one for each demod) but it exposes only one dvb-frontend to
> userspace via the API. When the user is tuning the frontend he is, in fact,
> tuning all of them in diversity.

Mmmh, but, according to the comment, the dib8000 is isdb-t, I'm looking
for a dvb-t device.
My idea is to do something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STjQBE3BIYM

but using a raspberry pi instead of a windows pc.
Unfortunately, the terratec uses the dib0070 (as do most other usb
sticks with diversity), I see some fields for diversity in dib0070.[hc],
but every report I see it says that it just exposes two frontends and it
doesn't support diversity.
Of course I can buy a ready-made car tuner, but what's the fun in that? ;-)

Bye
--
Luca