Re: EM28xx - new device ID - Ion "Video Forever" USB capture dongle

Hi Philip,

Thank you for sharing this bit of info. I just bought what I think to be the
very same device from local maplin too.
I have loaded it using your tweak.
Just like you the composite video input works just great, however I can't
get any sound captured using the RCA audio leads.
The S-video doesn't work either :( (only one new v4l2 video source is
registred loading the device driver).

I have done all my test using ffmpeg (and arecord to test audio only) but I
am quite confident the outcome would be the same with other programs.

When loading the driver with card=9, I can see in the log:

"em2860 #0: Sigmatel audio processor detected(stac 9752)"

I wonder how much "detection" there is here under the hood, as I suspect the
module param may have forced this (wrongly perhaps).
So as far as I am concerned, this ion thingy doesn't match exactly, the 9 card.
How can I gather more informations about that device?

Regards Alex.