Re: mt9p031 shows purple coloured capture

Hi, Guennadi,

On 05/16/2013 10:46 PM, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> On Thu, 16 May 2013, Andrei Andreyanau wrote:
>
>> Hi, Laurent,
>> I have an issue with the mt9p031 camera. The kernel version I use
>> uses soc camera framework as well as camera does. And I have
>> the following thing which appears randomly while capturing the
>> image using gstreamer. When I start the capture for the first time, it
>> shows the correct image (live stream). When I stop and start it again
>> it may show the image in purple (it can appear on the third or fourth
>> time). Or it can show the correct image every time I start the capture.
>> Do you have any idea why it appears so?
> Wrong clock or *sync polarity selection? Which leads to random
> start-of-frame misplacement?

Do you mean pixel clock polarity? If so, I checked it - with it being
inverted -
the image capture goes well (purple color also appears from time to time),
but in the case it is not inverted I see a noise on the screen.

Anyway, I found one solution that lead me to this:
I have a correct image on the LCD display, connected via HDMI, I have a
correct
video stream that was captured into the file, but I get the purple-coloured
live stream on the display, connected via LVDS port on the board (for now -
every time I capture the stream from the camera sensor).
So I used the register 0x0B (Restart), bit 0 (abandon the current frame and
restart from the first row) set to 1 each time the function s_stream is
called.
What do you think?

By the way, this register is not used in the latest kernel.

Regards,
Andrei