Re: rtl2832u+r820t dvb-t usb kernel crash

> Hi Marco,
> I have the same device and the same issue on a 2.6.32 32 bit kernel.
> However, I was able to run the driver successfully on 3.2.44 and 3.9.0
> kernels (both 32 and 64 bit).
> Also, I can run a similar device with a e4000 tuner with no problem even
> on the old 2.6.32 kernel.

> I just posted a few patches for the r820t tuner, can you try them and
> check if they fix your problem?

Thanks for your prompt work!

I patched and built the modules in the same host OS.
The system still crashes badly.
Moreover, this time I get no crash log via klogd: last line in the log is

May  7 00:01:54 box user.info kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_rtl28xxu

So I have no error messages this time. If it's useful, I can try to set up netconsole to get them.

Concurrently, I will build a more recent kernel to test the device, as suggested by Mauro.

Cheers,
Marco