stb0899: no lock on dvb-s2 transponders in SCR environment

Hi,

my stb0899 card works properly on dvb-s and dvb-s2 transponders when using a direct port on my sat multiswitch.

When using a SCR port on that multiswitch and changing VDR's config files accordingly, it only locks on dvb-s transponders.

A SCR converts the selected transponder's frequency after the LNB (IF1) to a fixed frequency (for example 1076 MHz) by mixing the signal with a local oscialator frequency above IF1 so that the lower sideband of the mixing product appears at 1076 MHz.

The lower sideband's spectrum is mirrored compared to the upper sideband, which is identical to the original spectrum on the original IF1.

Could that be the reason why the stb0899 cannot lock on dvb-s2 transponders in an SCR environment?

Any ideas on how to get a lock on dvb-s2 transponders?

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@xxxxxx