Re: mt9v034 driver

Hi Igor

(forwarding to the real media Mailing List)

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013, Igor Kugasyan wrote:

> Dear Mr. Guennadi,
>
> Please tell me can I use the soc_camera_ (soc_camera.h, soc_camera.c)
> interface for a mt9v034 driver as a mt9v022 driver or not?

I don't know anything about mt9v034. It might or might not be compatible
with one of supported cameras. If it isn't, a new driver has to be
developed.

> I've read your Video4Linux soc-camera subsystem document and not found a mt9v034 among client drivers.
> I have the Leopard Board 368 (LI-TB02) with the WVGA camera

No, you cannot use soc-camera with Leopard Board. Its camera interface
might be supported by some other driver, but I'm not sure about that.

>           LI-VM34LP but I haven't a mt9v034 driver for my camera
> for the linux-2.6.32 kernel with RidgeRun

Don't think there's anything that can be done with any kernel apart from
the current -next, i.e. the forthcoming 3.10.

>           2011Q2 SDK for LeopardBoardDM365 and
> dvsdk_dm365-evm_4_02_00_06. I haven't sufficient experience for
> comprehension but I learn...

The only possibility I see is to use a current kernel, adapt an existing
or write a new camera sensor driver for mt9v034 and use it with the
appropriate SoC camera interface driver.

Thanks
Guennadi

> Please,
>           please, help me to solve this problem.