Re: AverTV_A918R (af9035-af9033-tda18218) / patch proposal

On 04/09/2013 05:46 PM, Diorser wrote:
Hello,

Please find below some news for A918R
[details @
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/AVerMedia_AVerTV_HD_Express_A918R ]

* the patch proposed to automatically load the right modules for A918R
card is not yet available
=> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg56659.html
(I don't exactly know what is missing to make it accepted).
This patch would at least avoid having to modify dvb-usb-ids.h &
af9035.c each time to test some git updates.

* previously, in December, the signal level detection was fuzzy and not
reliable.
Now, the reported signal level is strictly at 0000 (good antenna RF
signal confirmed with other device).

I am aware A918R card is not the most requested one (Express card), but
that's all I can add in case it can help, even for another card.

Regards.

Patch, which adds USB ID, is not acceptable unless device is know to be working. It currently works only partially by loading correct modules but tuning does not work. Surely, it is not very many lines code to fix it - most likely just some GPIO setting (antenna switch?).

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/