Re: Status of the patches under review at LMML (32 patches)

On 03/24/2013 07:11 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
This is the summary of the patches that are currently under review at
Linux Media Mailing List<linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.
Each patch is represented by its submission date, the subject (up to 70
chars) and the patchwork link (if submitted via email).

P.S.: This email is c/c to the developers where some action is expected.
       If you were copied, please review the patches, acking/nacking or
       submitting an update.

It took me a lot of time to handle patches this time. The good news is that
there's just one patch without an owner.

This patch is there on the pile for a long time. I was actually expecting
that either Jarod or David could review it, as it can affect existing
NEC devices:
[...]
		== Sylwester Nawrocki <s.nawrocki@xxxxxxxxxxx>  ==

Jan, 6 2013: s5p-tv: mixer: fix handling of VIDIOC_S_FMT
http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/16143 Tomasz Stanislawski<t.stanislaws@xxxxxxxxxxx>

From my side I can't see any applications this patch could cause issues to.
And it actually breaks some applications to not have this patch applied.
Hence we keep it applied internally. I will likely not be able to address
the issue at V4L2 API that some applications rely on drivers returning
-EINVAL on an attempt to set unsupported format. I don't have an idea what
to do with that at the moment :) I would say it is safe to apply this patch. But if you have concerns please ignore it. Or let's leave it in current state.

Regards,
Sylwester