Re: [GIT PULL FOR v3.10] go7007 driver overhaul

Em Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:02:29 +0100
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> On Sun March 24 2013 17:13:40 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > Em Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:36:35 +0100
> > Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> > >       saa7134-go7007: add support for this combination.
> >
> > I won't apply this one yet. A non-staging driver should not try to load a
> > staging one without a notice. That change would be ok if you were also
> > moving go7007 out of staging.
>
> Fair enough. I will prepare a patch that at least updates the saa7134-go7007.c
> source with my changes. That only leaves the patch to saa7134 itself that will
> need to be applied once this driver goes out of staging.

Ok.

> > >       s2250: add comment describing the hardware.
> > >       go7007-loader: renamed from s2250-loader
> > >       go7007-loader: add support for the other devices and move fw files
> > >       go7007: update the README
> >
> > You need to add there:
> > 	- move cypress load firmware to drivers/media/common;
> >
> > And some note about saa7134 integration.
>
> Would it be OK if I add the saa7134 patch to the go7007 directory? Rather
> than keeping it around in my git tree?

What do you mean? Adding a diff file there? If so, that sounds weird. If you're
afraid of losing it, post it at the ML as RFC instead and add a pointer to the
patchwork number for such RFC patch at README.

> > >       MAINTAINERS: add the go7007 driver.
> > >       go7007: a small improvement to querystd handling.
> > >       go7007: add back 'repeat sequence header' control.
> > >       go7007: correct a header check: MPEG4 has a different GOP code.
> > >       go7007: drop firmware name in board config, make configs const.
> > >       go7007: don't continue if firmware can't be loaded.
> >
> > This one didn't apply. Maybe due to the lack of saa7134-go7007.
> >
> > Maybe it is just a trivial merging conflict, but better if you could
> > check it before forcing it.
>
> Will do.

Thanks!
Mauro