Re: cannot unload cx18_alsa to hibernate Mint13 64 computer

On 03/10/2013 09:11 PM, Andy Walls wrote:
modprobe cx18 will prompt a reload of cx18-alsa on its own. BTW you should also unload cx18 before hibernation. The cx18 driver really doesn't support power management and can't save and restore CX23418 state short of reinitializing the whole chip anyway. Regards, Andy

I got hibernation and my hauppuage pvr1600 card sorted out on my Linux mint 13.

1. I removed all pulseaudio - Alsa seems to do everything I need and no more problems from pulseaudio respawning 2. I switched to a generic 3.2.0-38 kernel. I was using tuxonice kernel, but newer generic now supports my motherboard for hibernation. Tuxonice kernel would seg. fault when thawing when I tried to reload cx18 module.
3. I wrote a script to unload cx18_alsa, cx18 first like this

#!/bin/bash
#hibernate2.sh script to unload capture card modules; modify sudoers so you can call with root privilages
modprobe -r cx18_alsa
modprobe -r cx18
/usr/sbin/pm-hibernate
modprobe cx18

I tried to reload cx18_alsa, then cx18 after recovering from hibernation as per Ubuntu forum post, but for some reason this would mess up cx18. As per your instructions, for some reason modprobe cx18 causes both cx18_alsa and cx18 to load cleanly.

thanks again
Dixon