Re: mb86a20s and cx23885

Em Sun, 03 Mar 2013 11:50:25 -0300
Alfredo Jesús Delaiti <alfredodelaiti@xxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> The new data replacement in mb86a20s
>
> /*
>   * Initialization sequence: Use whatevere default values that PV SBTVD
>   * does on its initialisation, obtained via USB snoop
>   */
> static struct regdata mb86a20s_init[] = {

Please test first my mb86a20s patchset. If it doesn't work, we'll need
to dig into the differences.

The better is to group these and reorder them to look like what's there
at the driver, and send it like a diff. That would make a way easier to
see what's different there.

Anyway, it follows my comments about a few things that came into my eyes.

>      { 0x09, 0x3a },

No idea what's here, but it seems a worth trial to change it.

>      { 0x28, 0x2a },
>      { 0x29, 0x00 },
>      { 0x2a, 0xfd },
>      { 0x2b, 0xc8 },

Hmm... the above may explain why it is not working. This is calculated
from the XTAL frequency, and IF (if different than 4MHz).

Just changing it could fix the issue.

>      { 0x28, 0x20 },
>      { 0x29, 0x3e },
>      { 0x2a, 0xde },
>      { 0x2b, 0x4d },

This doesn't matter anymore. It will be now be calculated based on the
frequency you use for IF at the tuner.
The above frequency is not 4MHz.

>      { 0x08, 0x1e },

This looks weird. You probably got it wrong.

>      { 0x80, 0xdf },

This also looks weird. I suspect that you also lost data here.

Regards,
Mauro