Re: HAUPPAUGE HVR-930C analog tv feasible ??

Em Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:01:17 +0100
jandegr1@xxxxxxxxx escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> To get analog tv working on a hauppauge hvr-930c, I started sniffing usb and
> parsing.
>
> you can see a sample here : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/93775123/grphCable22.txt
>
> Howeverver I am missing a lot of knowledge to jump on it right away, so I'd
> as for opinion of the experts over here first.

AFAIKT, the designs with avf4910b also has a drx-k demod on it (or maybe some
other Micronas demod, like drx-j).

When I added support for Terratec H7, I used a Linux driver made available by
Terratec at that time, as reference. See:
	http://lwn.net/Articles/476992/

While I don't see the link for the driver anymore on Terratec linux site,
it seems that the file is still there at:
	http://linux.terratec.de/files/TERRATEC_H7/20110323_TERRATEC_H7_Linux.tar.gz

While H7 driver there only adds support for digital TV, you may find
something useful at drxk driver, as it has several stuff there related
to analog TV. I won't doubt that the needed bits for avf4910 are (at least
partially) there. So, you may find useful to take a look on it.

To be frank, while I would love to have analog working there, I never
found enough time to work on adding analog support for it, nor I succeeded
to get any avf4910b datasheet or development kit.

> This could be benifical for several other cards with the avf4910 as well.

Sure. I suspect that, once having it work for one device, it should be
trivial to make it work with the others.

> thx,
>
> Jan De Graeve
>
> --

Cheers,