Re: [GIT PULL FOR v3.9] bttv: v4l2-compliance fixes

<snip>

Am 16.02.2013 14:45, schrieb Hans Verkuil:
> On Sat February 16 2013 14:35:13 Frank Schäfer wrote:
>>> I've tested it with my WinTv Theatre and the balance works fine with a proper
>>> cable :-)
>> Ok... :-)
>> I used the following description to built my adapter cable:
>> http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Kabelpeitsche
>>
>> But it seems the WinTV Theatre uses a slightly different pin assignment
>> and I'm using both right channels...
>> Hmm... if you find a free minute, could you check which pins of the
>> mini-DIN-connector of your cable are used for left and right audio (I
>> don't care about the others) ?
> I don't have access to the cable at the moment (travelling), but ping me
> again in 10 days or so to remind me.

No problem.
Now, all I need is someone who reminds _me_... ;-)

>>> Can you elaborate on the mute and BE video formats? Colorkiller doesn't work,
>>> I've noticed the same thing.
>> As far as I understand, audio should be muted when capturing is stopped
>> / the device is closed.
> True, unless it is the radio node.

Hmm...ok... why are radio devices handled diffrently ?

>> (I assume shutting down the tuner would be even better, but no idea if
>> it is possible).
>> Otherwise users can still hear the last radio or TV channel.
>> Btw: it's not clear to me how "auto mute" is supposed to work. All I
>> noticed is, that it mutes audio when switching between the (video)
>> inputs (without activating the "mute" checkbox ?!).
> I think the idea is that it mutes when there is no signal detected
> to prevent white noise.

Sounds plausible and matches the behavior I observed.

>> What I forgot to mention is, that the audio controls (bass, trebble,
>> volume, balance) seem to have no effect on "Line-In".
> That wouldn't surprise me at all. See the comment regarding msp3400
> routing in audio_mux().
>
>> Concerning the BE formats: I tested with qv4l2 in raw mode only, but
>> with the formats
>>
>> RGBQ - 15 bpp RGB, be
>> RGBR - 16 bpp RGB, be
>> RGB4 - 32 bpp RGB, be
>>
>> the picture looks like this:
>> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/rgbq.png/
>> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/rgbr.png/
>> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/rgb4n.png/
> I think those are actually bugs in libv4lconvert.

That was my second theory. :D

> I have patches for that that I still need to clean up and post.

Great !

> There is basically no big-endian
> support in libv4lconvert at the moment.

But why does it try to convert formats it doesn't support ?

Regards,
Frank