omapdss/omap3isp/omapfb: Picture from omap3isp can't recover after a blank/unblank (or overlay disables after resuming)

Hi all!

The LCD-screen can't recover the picture from omap3isp after a blank/unblank
of the framebuffer.

I have seen the problem (?) since kernel 3.5, and want now try
to clarify if probably just I am the problem, or if there is really an issue
with the omapdss-driver (or the combination omapdss/omap3isp/omapfb).

For the tests I am using the following:
- Kernel 3.7 from tmlind:
  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap.git
- Beagleboard-xm with Leopard Imaging LI-5M03 (mt9p031)
- omap3-isp-live streamer app from Laurent Pinchart:
  http://git.ideasonboard.org/omap3-isp-live.git
- own written LCD-driver based on panel-generic-dpi for the hx8369 controller
  and a Truly 480x800 LCD

I am running the streamer which gives me a stream from the mt9p031 with about
25fps. Then I let the console blank, and the panel suspends (while still running
the streamer app). If I try to resume the display (unblank the screen), the
overlay gfx and vid2 disable.

To reproduce:
root@beagleboard:/voisee# fb0=/sys/class/graphics/fb0
root@beagleboard:/voisee# setterm -blank 1
root@beagleboard:/voisee# ./streamer &

Wait until the LCD blanks after a minute (goes black).

Now unblank the screen (resume the display):
root@beagleboard:/voisee# echo 0 > $fb0/blank

Will result in the following and the following (screen flickers and goes
black again):
[ 5293.617095] omapdss DISPC error: FIFO UNDERFLOW on gfx, disabling the overlay
[ 5293.678283] omapdss DISPC error: FIFO UNDERFLOW on vid2, disabling the
overlay

Output of mediactl -p while streaming:
http://pastebin.com/d9zDfKXu

OMAPDSS-config:
http://pastebin.com/JjF0CcCS

Now my questions:
Is this behaviour expected?
Should I suspend/disable the ISP from my application whenever the screen "wants"
to blank?
If so, do I get some sort of event when the screen blanks (the blanking event
from the framebuffer seems to be private).
I have a long running viewfinder-app: Should I disable the blanking at all
(setterm -blank 0)?

Thank you very much for your help/suggestions!

Regards,
Florian