Driver support for Creatix Polymedia CTX967

Dear all,

being a Newbie in Linux, I desparately try to get my PCIE card working
to enable DVB-T reception on my Notebook.

I'm running UBUNTU 12.04LTS

The Video card is:
    Creatix Poymedia
    CTX967 v7.2.2
    PCIe Device based on Philips SAA7160 (rev. 03) component

As I was so far not successful in finding any suited driver for the
device, it would be highly appreciated if someone might find the time to
provide support on this.
Effectively the "Media controller" is listed up if running "lspci". The
output is:
  06:00.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7160 (rev 03)
However neither any appropriate Linux FW is available nor any support by
the manufacturer.
After having searched intesively on the web, it seems there are quite
plenty of folks out there with the same issue.

Best regards

Markus Hermsen