Re: AverTV_A918R (af9035-af9033-tda18218) / patch proposal

On 01/02/2013 01:09 AM, Diorser wrote:
Thanks for your so fast reply.
Unfortunately, scanning output is always empty with 100% signal
strength  (external antenna)
I also use a AverTV super_007 with the same external antenna on a
another PC with Kaffeine =Signal = 100%.

Does it show 100% even antenna is unplugged?

I also tried different dvb-usb-af9035-02.fw  firmware with different
LINK/OFDM value (I don't understand but just tried.).

I don't know exactly what are differences between all those firmwares, but I know all firmwares are not working with all devices.

Never got any PID or channel.
Scanning and tuning work (or seem to with w_scan or kaffeine), but no
data output.

You mean you see LOCK flag gained, then there is maybe error pid filter timeouts?

I've noticed that videobuf_dvb and videobuf_dma_sg modules are need by
a  saa7134 card, and not by AF9035. (no videobuf / dvb_usb_af9035
dependency).
Don't know if it is normal or not.

It is normal.

A bit frustrating to be so close to the end, but also a bit pessimistic
because really reaching the limit of my skills.
Anyway, I will stay tuned in case some values need to be modified in
the  source for test, or any updates I will try.

Do you have some working device (saa7134?)?
If yes, use it to generate channels.conf and when you has working channels.conf you could use tzap to tune.

If not, then make channels conf by hand

make file .tzap/channels.conf
then add line to that file:
TEST:634000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_AUTO:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE:512:650:17

replace 634000000 (634MHz) frequency of your transmitter. I think 8Mhz bandwidth is used for your area too, but if not change it to 7MHz. Other values are not critical as those are detected automatically.

After that you could tune: tzap -r TEST

Antti

Many thanks.
Diorser.

On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 23:26:32 +0100, Antti Palosaari <crope@iki.fiwrote

Patch looks correct.

If you are talking of that error I saw wiki you mentioned it is not
error. You cannot use dvbsnoop like that. You have to tune to channel
first and only after device is tuned successfully pidscan is possible.

 # dvbsnoop -s pidscan
 dvbsnoop V1.4.50 -- http://dvbsnoop.sourceforge.net/
 Transponder PID-Scan...
 Error(22): DMX_SET_PES_FILTER: Invalid argument

If you are really sure your antenna is good (not that small antenna
bundled) and it does not work then there is some bug. I bet some GPIO
is wrong. Maybe you should take some sniffs using SniffUSB2.0 and look
there...

regards
Antti

http://palosaari.fi/