Re: terratec h5 rev. 3?

Am 21.12.2012 06:38, schrieb linux-media-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently got a terratec h5 for dvb-c and thought it would be
> supported but it looks like it's a newer revision not recognized by em28xx.
> After using the new_id hack it gets recognized and using various htc
> cards (notably h5 or cinergy htc stick, cards 79 and 82 respectively) it
> seems to _nearly_ work but not quite (I was using h5 firmware for the
> older version). Tuning, channel scan works however tv (or dvb radio)
> does not, since it appears the error rate is going through the roof
> (with some imagination it is possible to see some parts of the picture
> sometimes and hear some audio pieces). femon tells something like this:

<snip>
Hmm actually it doesn't work any better at all with windows neither, so
I guess it doesn't like my cable signal (I do have another mantis-based
pci dvb-c card which works without issue). Maybe the tuner is just crappy.
So I guess it wouldn't hurt to simply add the usb id of this card
(0ccd:10b6) as another terratec h5 (this doesn't get you the IR but it's
a start I guess).
The dvb-t part though works without issue on windows, and I could not
get that to work in linux (I've used kaffeine and dvb-fe-tool to force
the dvbt delivery system if that's supposed to work). When scanning the
right frequency it spew out some error messages though:
DvbScanFilter::timerEvent: timeout while reading section; type = 0 pid = 0
kaffeine(7527) DvbScanFilter::timerEvent: timeout while reading section;
type = 2 pid = 17

Roland