Re: RFC: First draft of guidelines for submitting patches to linux-media

Am 10.12.2012 20:40, schrieb Mauro Carvalho Chehab:

[snip]

>> And people beeing subsystem maintainers AND driver maintainers have to
>> find a balance between processing pull requests and reviewing patches.
>> I'm not sure if I have understood yet how this balance should look
>> like... Can you elaborate a bit on this ?
>> At the moment it's ~12 weeks / ~2 weeks. What's the target value ? ;)
> Please wait for it to be implemented before complaining it ;) The
> sub-maintainers new schema will start to work likely by Feb/Mar 2013.

I don't want to complain (yet ;) ). I'm just trying to understand what
is supposed to reduce the review times...
Haven't succeeded yet, because the same amount work seems to be
redivided among the same amount of maintainer/reviewer resources (=people).

Anyway, I will be patient and hope that things will evolve as planed.
I will also try to test and/or review patches from other if possible.

[snip]

>> So who can get an account / is supposed to access patchwork ?
>> - subsystem maintainers ?
>> - driver maintainers ?
>> - patch creators ?
> Subsystem maintainers only, except if someone can fix patchwork, adding
> proper ACL's there to allow patch creators to manage their own patches
> and sub-system maintainers to delegate work to driver maintainers, without
> giving them full rights, and being notified about status changes on
> those driver's patches.

Ok, thanks, I think this should be mentioned in the document.

Regards,
Frank