dvbnet error

Dear linuxtv developer-s

I am trying (it is now couple of days - of no avail) to create interface with dvbnet utility for decoding IP with MPE (tested with DVB-H signal containing IP packets). I run:
dvbnet -a 0 -p 1002
gives me this output:
Error: couldn't open device 0: 2 No such file or directory
But the char device /dev/dvb/adapter0/net0 is definitely there (in it's default location). For some reason dvbnet_open function in dvb-apps/lib/libdvbapi/dvbnet.c cannot open this device I have search mailing(and intenet) list but I haven't found any issue similar to this.

Specs:

I have embedded linux set-top Skytec JOBI box which has sh4 architecture and 2.6.32.28_stm24_0207 kernel. It is this device: http://www.satmultimedia.tv/skytec-hd-jobi
as Os i have installed enigma2 linux.

I thought that maybe there isn't kernel support for MPE, but why should there be net0 device which was created by driver..

My attempts:

After no success with debian .deb packege of dvb-apps for sh4 (installed with ipkg ),
I cross-compiled dvb-apps staticaly(from mercurial repository).
Eeverything works: szap, scan.. dvbsnoop. I can tune to signal, zap channels, sniff traffic with dvbtraffic, but dvbnet is giving me that "no such file.." error.

I have other machine which is running debian and is receiving same signal as is STB and I successfuly received IP from MPE (tested with tcpdump) on that other machine with no problem.

I noticed that in /sys/class/dvb/ there is no dvb0.net0 folder (but i am not exactly sure what is /sys/class/dvb folder used for).

Another wierd thing is that when I run dvbnet -h it segfaults and when I run /usr/bin/dvbnet -h it works (its definitely the same binary - with my debug messages).

Questions:
Can You please tell me why dvbnet cannot open this net0 device - or what should I do to find out? Maybe it is used by some process, but i killed TV interface enigma2 before trying anything(init 3, init 4 - it is not longer displayed in ps). And can You please tell me how to detect if my kernel/driver has MPE support (there is no /proc/kallsyms file on STB) - maybe some C code. Finaly I was trying to find some info about MPE but there seem to be very little on internet.
I would be grateful for any informations or links..

All the best

Ondrej Topolsky
Programmer at Maindata inc. Slovakia