Re: V4L2 dma-buf support test with UVC + i915 test application

Em Thu, 08 Nov 2012 19:34:14 +0100
Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> On Thursday 08 November 2012 19:14:18 Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > Hi Mauro,
> >
> > Here's the application I've used to test V4L2 dma-buf support with a UVC
> > webcam and an Intel GPU supported by the i915 driver.
> >
> > The kernel code is available in my git tree at
> >
> > git://linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git devel/dma-buf-v10
> >
> > (http://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git/shortlog/refs/heads/devel/v4l2-
> > clock)
> >
> > Don't forget to enable dma-buf and UVC support when compiling the kernel.
> >
> > The userspace code is based on the v4l2-drm-example application written by
> > Tomasz (the original code is available at
> > git://git.infradead.org/users/kmpark/public-apps). I need to clean up my
> > modifications to push them back to the repository, in the meantime the code
> > is attached to this e-mail.
> >
> > To compile the application, just run make with the KDIR variable set to the
> > path to your Linux kernel tree with the dma-buf patches applied. Don't
> > forget to make headers_install in the kernel tree as the Makefile will look
> > for headers in $KDIR/usr.
> >
> > You will need a recent version of libdrm with plane support available.
> > 2.4.39 should do.
> >
> > The following command line will capture VGA YUYV data from the webcam and
> > display it on the screen. You need to run it in a console as root without
> > the X server running.
> >
> > ./dmabuf-sharing -M i915 -o 7:3:1600x900 -i /dev/video0 -S 640,480 -f YUYV
> > -F YUYV -s 640,480@0,0 -t 640,480@0,0 -b 2
>
> I forgot to mention that the -o parameter takes the connector ID, CRTC ID and
> mode as parameters. The mode is easy to find, but the connector and CRTC IDs
> are a bit more tricky. You can run the modetest application (part of libdrm
> but not installed by most distributions, so a manual compilation is needed) to
> dump all CRTC, encoder and connector information to the console. Pick the
> connector associated with your display, and the CRTC associated with the
> encoder associated with that connector.

Got modetest running, but I didn't figure out what of the values below should be
used for the -o parameter:

trying to load module i915...success.
Encoders:
id	crtc	type	possible crtcs	possible clones
6	3	LVDS	0x00000003	0x00000001
13	0	DAC	0x00000003	0x00000002
15	0	TVDAC	0x00000003	0x00000004

Connectors:
id	encoder	status		type	size (mm)	modes	encoders
5	6	connected	LVDS	290x180		1	6
  modes:
	name refresh (Hz) hdisp hss hse htot vdisp vss vse vtot)
  1280x800 60 1280 1328 1360 1448 800 803 809 823 flags: nhsync, nvsync; type: preferred, driver
  props:
	1 EDID:
		flags: immutable blob
		blobs:

		value:
			00ffffffffffff0006af241400000000
			01110103801d12780a87f594574f8c27
			27505400000001010101010101010101
			010101010101ee1b00a8502017303020
			360022b410000019ee1b00a850201730
			3020360022b410000000000000fe0044
			573930398042313333455731000000fe
			00000000000000000001010a20200022
	2 DPMS:
		flags: enum
		enums: On=0 Standby=1 Suspend=2 Off=3
		value: 0
	7 scaling mode:
		flags: enum
		enums: None=0 Full=1 Center=2 Full aspect=3
		value: 3
12	0	disconnected	VGA	0x0		0	13
14	0	disconnected	s-video	0x0		0	15

CRTCs:
id	fb	pos	size
3	9	(0,0)	(0x0)
  1280x800 60 1280 1328 1360 1448 800 803 809 823 flags: nhsync, nvsync; type: preferred, driver
  props:
4	0	(0,0)	(0x0)
   0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 flags: ; type:
  props: