Re: Please help me with cx88 audio

Gene K <dataclue <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> I can't get the cx88-alsa driver to produce anything but loud noise (white
noise
> or pink noise) from my FusionHDTV 5 Gold card. This problem has been reported
on
> this list and elsewhere, but seemingly with no resolution, despite a LOT of
RTFM
> and Googling. I have tried a variety of tools and settings, but the result is
> always the same. Video works. Audio in digital mode works. This is for "line
in"
> inputs on the card.
>
> This is on 3.6.1.fc17.x86_64.
>
> Disturbingly, dmesg has a lot of this
>
> [ 2754.810011] cx88[0]: irq aud [0x1001] dn_risci1* dn_sync*

Can anyone help? It is probably something simple, like the audio-mux/GPIO
settings, but I just can't find enough information to fix it myself or even
experiment!

Is there a way to control audio mux or GPIO explicitly from userspace, so I can
try to poke around to see if it's that?

Thanks again.