hvr-1600 records one, fails recording the other on an mplex

Hi,

As I wrote about a number (3-4) of weeks ago, I am still having a
problem with my HVR-1600 failing on multiple digital recordings.  At the
time I reported this previously, there was a question of whether my
current version of MythTV was to blame.

To that end, I updated my MythTV to the latest (at the time) on the
0.25-fixes branch.  I also, at the same time, switched my primary
digital tuner to my HVR-950Q.  I ran in that configuration for a couple
of weeks without a single failed recording.

A week ago, I switched back to having my HVR-1600 as the primary device
to determine if it was the HVR-950Q switch or the MythTV update that
gave me such success and sure enough, on a particularly busy evening of
recording (but no busier than the same evening the prior two weeks where
the HVR-950Q worked flawlessly) one recording on a given multiplex
failed while another on the same multiplex, at the same time, was
successful.

Unsurprisingly "femon" reported "FE_HAS_LOCK" for the entire time period
of the failed recording.  I say unsurprisingly because as I mentioned
prior, another recording on the HVR-1600 at the same time was successful.

Additionally, many, many times during the last week more than one
recording on a given multiplex on this HVR-1600 worked so this problem
is most definitely intermittent, but my experience for the last 3-4
weeks I think proves that it's a problem with the HVR-1600 and not
MythTV given that it's something that happens only with the HVR-1600 and
not with the HVR-950Q.

Unfortunately, there was nothing on the kernel log at the time of the
failed recording.

How can I gather further information on what might be going on which is
causing this failure?

b.