Re: Config does not allow DVB USB cards in 3.6 kernel

On 22.10.2012 07:20, cijoml@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,
I use several USB DVBT tuners. Till 3.5 kernel I was able to compile
kernel with support for them. Since 3.6, the oldconfig does not enable
support even it is present in .config.
Would anybody tell me which feature must be enabled in 3.6 to enable
DVB-T tuners?
I checked KCONFIG and I would say I have everything included...
My .config for 3.5.7 kernel is included.
Thank you for your help
Best regards
Michal

I had the same problem with a few different 3.6 kernel versions. There is no official statement but I suspect it's caused by refactoring of v4l and rewriting drivers into new driver model. There are much more dvb drivers in 3.7 kernel (but probably still not all of those existing in 3.5). So I think 3.5 is for now last kernel which can be used in HTPCs/PVRs. It's pity that such important shortcoming has no clear info in log of kernel changes. Seeing progress in 3.7 I see that probably 3.8 will gain most of DVB drivers.
Marx