SoC camera host drivers

Hello!

I'm trying to implement camera support for my i.MX6 board and cannot
understand a couple of (it seems) simple things according to how it
all must work.

My camera is mt9m001 and i can perfectly find and use it's camera
driver. But as far as I understand, host driver must be loaded too...
and there is a very few of them. I can find host drivers for
surprisingly few platforms like pxa_camera, mx1_camera, mx2_camera and
a few others. But there is no mx6 or something for it. And i cannot
understand why. Is it means that needed driver just wasn't implemented
yet and I must write it on my own, or I don't understand something
essential?

Because I can see in kernel meny board specific source files where
different SoC cameras are enabled but at the same time I cannot find
needed host drivers. For instance I see in
arch/arm/mach-mx6/board-mx6q_arm2.c enabled soc camera ov5640 but
again i cannot find a thing about needed mx6 host driver. Is that
means that this board camera actually cannot be used because of
absence of needed host driver or am I missing something?

Best regards,
Lavnikevich Dmitry