Re: hvr-1600 fails frequently on multiple recordings

Have you checked on the Ubuntu Forums for any information about this?
There's a thread about 0-byte recordings there, which might have some
solutions for you. I had the same issue with analog recording a while
back, and found that in my case, it was due to having a second hard
drive listed as a storage directory. If the hard drive didn't spin up
quick enough, the recording failed.

Here's a link to the thread on their site:

Hope this helps, and have a great day:)
Patrick.