Re: Previewing PAL fields on framebuffer

Hi Alex

(added linux-media to CC on your request)

On Wed, 3 Oct 2012, Alex Pollard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if it is possible to use the DMA features in
> drivers/dma/ipu/ipu_idmac.c to write the top field of a PAL frame into a
> framebuffer on alternating lines, and write the bottom field of the PAL
> frame to the other lines ie deinterlace.

Looking at the i.MX31 CSI documentation it seems it could be possible to
use CSI_SENS_FRM_SIZE and CSI_ACT_FRM_SIZE to specify stride != width to
basically do stride = 2 * width and then do 2 transfers per frame - one
beginning with line 0 and one beginning with line 1? But that's just an
idea, the description of those registers is vague and I'm also not sure
how to implement that.

Good luck
Guennadi

> Do you know a good discussion
> list where I could post the question? I am using an i.MX53 but the
> support "community" is a bit quiet.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex Pollard
> Software Engineer