Current media_build doesn't succeed building on kernel 3.1.10

Hi all,

is anybody out there who can help me with the media_build system? I'm trying
to build the current modules on an openSUSE 12.1 system (kernel 3.1.10,
x86_64), but I'm getting compilation errors because the s5k4ecgx driver uses
function devm_regulator_bulk_get() which AFAICS has been introduced in kernel
3.4 only. When I run the ./build script compilation stops with these
messages:

 CC [M]  /root/projects/media_build/v4l/s5k4ecgx.o
media_build/v4l/s5k4ecgx.c: In function 's5k4ecgx_load_firmware':
media_build/v4l/s5k4ecgx.c:346:2: warning: format '%d' expects argument of \
    type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'size_t' [-Wformat]
media_build/v4l/s5k4ecgx.c: In function 's5k4ecgx_probe':
media_build/v4l/s5k4ecgx.c:977:2: error: implicit declaration of \
    function 'devm_regulator_bulk_get' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

Probably I'll don't need module s5k4ecgx anyway, so any hint how to exclude
this from build would be fine.

On this page
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_Obtain,_Build_and_Install_V4L-DVB_Device_Drivers#Retrieving_and_Building.2FCompiling_the_Latest_V4L-DVB_Source_Code
the section "More Manually Intensive Approach" mentions steps where I can
run "make menuconfig" after unpacking the sources and before the build
process is started, so I could deselect the module(s) I don't need and
exclude them from build. However, I've no idea what I should use for "DIR="
in the command

  make tar DIR=<some dir with media -git tree>

mentioned on the web page.

According to theis link
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1267511/
the s5k4ecgx module which does not build here has just been added at the
beginning of August, so if I could specify a git version of the code which is
slightly older this might also work.

BTW, if I understand the build environment correctly then there should be
dayly test builds of the package for varions kernels. I'd expect those
automated builds should also fail for kernels older than 3.4.

Regards,

Martin