mt9t031 driver support on OMAP3 system

I'm trying to incorporate an MT9T031-based sensor into a commercial small form-factor OMAP3 DM3730-based system which is supplied with sources for a 2.6.37 kernel and is somewhat out-dated.The application I'm working on requires a single image to be acquired from the sensor every once in a while which is then processed off-line by another algorithm on the OMAP3

I'd appreciate any advice from the list as to what the most suitable up to-date compatible kernel I should use would be and what other work I need to do in order to get things sorted.

Thanks, Pete