Re: RFC: use of timestamp/sequence in v4l2_buffer

Le mardi 4 septembre 2012 13:38:06, Hans Verkuil a écrit :
> 7) Should the timestamp field always be monotonically increasing? Or it is
> possible to get timestamps that jump around? This makes sense for encoders
> that create B-frames referring to frames captured earlier than an I-frame.

I would expect an encoder to output frames in DTS order rather than PTS and a
decoder to output frames in PTS order. The timestamp field is the only
indication of the PCR, so an application might not recover if the timestamp
jumps backward.

If there is an ambiguity between PTS and DTS, I think it should be documented
and specified per format what the timestamp is.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/