Re: RFC: Core + Radio profile

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

> Em 22-08-2012 07:11, Hans Verkuil escreveu:
> > I've added some more core profile requirements.
>

> >> Streaming I/O is not supported by radio nodes.
>
> 	Hmm... pvrusb2/ivtv? Ok, it makes sense to move it to use the alsa
> mpeg API there. If we're enforcing it, we should deprecate the current way
> there, and make it use ALSA.

I am unaware of any ALSA MPEG API.  It's entirely likely that this is
because I haven't been paying attention.  Nevertheless, can you please
point me at any documentation on this so I can get up to speed?

Currently the pvrusb2 driver does not attempt to perform any processing
or filtering of the data stream, so radio data is just the same mpeg
stream as video (but without any real embedded video data).  If I have
to get into the business of processing the MPEG data in order to adhere
to this proposal, then that will be a very big deal for this driver.

  -Mike

--

Mike Isely
isely @ isely (dot) net