Re: cron job: media_tree daily build: ERRORS

On Sun August 19 2012 22:09:35 Anca Emanuel wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This message is generated daily by a cron job that builds media_tree for
> > the kernels and architectures in the list below.
> >
> > Results of the daily build of media_tree:
> >
> > date:        Sun Aug 19 19:00:23 CEST 2012
> > git hash:    9b78c5a3007e10a172d4e83bea18509fdff2e8e3
> > gcc version:      i686-linux-gcc (GCC) 4.7.1
> > host hardware:    x86_64
> > host os:          3.4.07-marune
> >
> > linux-git-arm-eabi-davinci: ERRORS
> > linux-git-arm-eabi-exynos: ERRORS
> > linux-git-arm-eabi-omap: ERRORS
> > linux-git-i686: WARNINGS
> > linux-git-m32r: WARNINGS
> > linux-git-mips: ERRORS
> > linux-git-powerpc64: WARNINGS
> > linux-git-x86_64: WARNINGS
> [snip]
> Can you add to your script notifications to the implied parties ?

Sorry, no. That would lead to many spurious notifications. Most of the time
any errors are due to compat build issues or build environment issues, and
not to driver problems as such. Also, determining who is the current driver
maintainer is not a job that can be reliably automated.

Driver maintainers are encouraged to take a look at the daily build output
once a week or so, and if I see something fishy I'll email them directly.

Regards,

	Hans

PS: I hope to track down and fix the last remaining errors today.