Re: Patches submitted via linux-media ML that are at patchwork.linuxtv.org

Hi Mauro

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

> In order to help people to know about the status of the pending patches,
> I'm summing-up the patches pending for merge on this email.
>
> If is there any patch missing, please check if it is at patchwork
> before asking what happened:
> 	http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/project/linux-media/list/?state=*
>
> If patchwork didn't pick, then the emailer likely line-wrapped or
> corrupted the patch.
>
> As announced, patchwork is now generating status change emails. So,
> those that didn't decide to opt-out emails there will receive
> notifications every time a patch is reviewed. Unfortunately,
> patchwork doesn't send emails is when a patch is stored there.
>
> For the ones explicitly copied on this email, I kindly ask you to update
> me about the review status of the patches below.
>
> In special, on my track list, there are three patches from 2011 still
> not reviewed. Driver maintainers: I kindly ask you to be more active on
> patch reviewing, not holding any patch for long periods like that,
> and sending pull request more often. You should only be holding patches
> if you have very strong reasons why this is required.
>
> A final note: patches from driver maintainers with git trees are generally
> just marked as RFC. Well, I still applied several of them, when they're
> trivial enough and they're seem to be addressing a real bug - helping
> myself to not need to re-review them later.
>
> I really expect people to add more "RFC" on patches. We're having a net
> commit rate of about 500-600 patches per merge window, and perhaps 3 or 4
> times more patches at the ML that are just part of some discussions and
> aren't yet on their final version. It doesn't scale if I need to review
> ~3000 patches per merge window, as that would mean reviewing 75 patches per
> working day. Unfortunately, linux-media patch reviewing is not my full-time
> job. So, please help me marking those under-discussion patches as RFC, in
> order to allow me to focus on the 600 ones that will actually be merged.
>
> Thank you!
> Mauro
>

> Number of pending patches per reviewer (excluding the newer ones):
>   Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx>                         : 17
>   Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx>                                 : 11
>   Silvester Nawrocki <sylvester.nawrocki@xxxxxxxxx>                     : 11
>   Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  : 3
>   Jonathan Corbet <corbet@xxxxxxx>                                      : 2
>   David Härdeman <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    : 1
>   Prabhakar Lad <prabhakar.lad@xxxxxx>                                  : 1

[snip]

> 		== Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> ==
>
> Aug, 2 2012: [v3] mt9v022: Add support for mt9v024                                  http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13582  Alex Gershgorin <alexg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Aug, 6 2012: [1/1] media: mx3_camera: Improve data bus width check code for probe   http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13618  Liu Ying <Ying.liu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

above two waiting to be reviewed for 3.7

> Aug, 9 2012: [1/1, v2] media/video: vpif: fixing function name start to vpif_config http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13689  Dror Cohen <dror@xxxxxxxx>

That one is not for me

> Aug, 1 2012: media: soc_camera: don't clear pix->sizeimage in JPEG mode when try_fm http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13565  Albert Wang <twang13@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Jul,30 2012: media: mx3_camera: buf_init() add buffer state check                   http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13528  Alex Gershgorin <alexg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Jul,11 2012: [v2] media: mx2_camera: Don't modify non volatile parameters in try_fm http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13310  Javier Martin <javier.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

will handle these, some are fixes for 3.6, others for 3.7

> Jul,11 2012: [v6] media: mx2_camera: Fix mbus format handling                       http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13314  Javier Martin <javier.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Jul,12 2012: media: mx2_camera: Add YUYV output format.                             http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13330  Javier Martin <javier.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

These patches are among those, that I pushed for 3.6 and that have been
lost.

> Jul,12 2012: media: mx2_camera: Remove MX2_CAMERA_SWAP16 and MX2_CAMERA_PACK_DIR_MS http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13331  Javier Martin <javier.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

3.7 or even 3.8

> Jul,12 2012: [1/2,v2] media: Add mem2mem deinterlacing driver.                      http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13332  Javier Martin <javier.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I didn't necessarily consider this one for me? I could help review it id
you like, but so far I'm happy with others taking care of it;-)

> Jul,30 2012: mt9v022: Add support for mt9v024                                       http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13525  Alex Gershgorin <alexg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

A duplicate of the first patch in this list.

> Aug, 1 2012: [v2] media: mx2_camera: Fix clock handling for i.MX27.                 http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13569  Javier Martin <javier.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

IIRC, a fix for 3.6-rc.

> Aug, 2 2012: [v2] mt9v022: Add support for mt9v024                                  http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/13579  Alex Gershgorin <alexg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

a triplicate