STV0299: reading property DTV_FREQUENCY -- what am I expected to get?

Hi,

it seems that my 9 years old LNBs got some drift over time, as tuning takes quite a while until I get a lock. So I thought I could compensate this offset by adjusting VDR's diseqc.conf.

Therefore I first hacked some logging into VDR's tuner code to read and output the above mentioned property once it got a lock after tuning. As VDR's EPG scanner travels over all transponders when idle, I get offset values for all transponders and can then try to find some average offset to put into diseqc.conf.

So here are several "travel" results for a single transponder ordered by Delta:

Sat.	Pol.	Band	Freq (MHz) Set	Freq (MHz) Get	Delta (MHz)
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11930,528	-7,472
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11936,294	-1,706
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11938,917	0,917
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11939,158	1,158
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11939,906	1,906
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11939,965	1,965
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11940,029	2,029
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11940,032	2,032
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11940,103	2,103
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11940,112	2,112
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11940,167	2,167
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11941,736	3,736
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11941,736	3,736
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11941,736	3,736
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11942,412	4,412
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11943,604	5,604
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11943,604	5,604
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11943,604	5,604
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11945,472	7,472
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11945,472	7,472
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11945,472	7,472
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11945,472	7,472
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11945,472	7,472
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11945,472	7,472
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11945,472	7,472
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11945,777	7,777
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11945,777	7,777
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11945,777	7,777
S13,0E	H	H	11938	11945,777	7,777

I really wonder why Delta varies that much, and there are other transponders in the same band which have no larger deltas then 3 MHz.

So is it at all possible to determine LNB drift in that way?

My other device, a STB0899, always reports the set frequency. So it seems driver dependent whether it reports the actually locked frequency found by the zig-zag-algorithm or just the set frequency to tune to.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl